With an ever-increasing number of channels through which to reach their prospects, marketers often wonder where their money is best spent. Direct mail? Email? Social media? Banner ads?
The answer, most often, is some combination of all of the above. Each of these channels has something to offer and can fulfill an important function in your marketing funnel.
Let’s say you’ve used only traditional direct mail in the past, but want to expand your campaign out into the digital world. Here are a few ideas:
- Use special landing pages to track recipients and get more information about them.
- Try using personalized URL’s (PURL), so that you can expand your data and connect with prospects in the digital world.
- Through list services, or through the ideas above, you can now use the email addresses you’ve accumulated to supplement your DM campaign with email touchpoints.
- Develop a social media presence that allows you to connect with your prospects on a more personal level.
- Take advantage of remarketing services to utilize the information gained in all of the above to keep prospects in your marketing funnel.
By developing a cohesive omnichannel strategy, you’ll not only make more connections with your prospects, but you’ll gain much more information for future campaigns.